
Since blogging is the way to go, I thought I'd start one, too!
School is back in session. Just for a quick update on where we are right now...
David is in his Sr year at UNT. He is starting to really research grad schools and we are anxious to move in that direction. His artwork is doing great. He has 2 main threads that seem to be getting the most recognition right now, his 'Disguarded Items' series has always been a fun one that people seem to really enjoy. And now he is venturing as well into the world of 'Abstract Art'. His works here are soothing and refreshing, yet pondersome. They'll make you wonder where you've seen that before. If you look around long, you'll know. (Those are my [Katrina's] impressions. David can give his interpretations later, if he'd like!) See his artwork here.
Jacob is now in 7th grade. He's taller than me! Ok, so I'm not the tallest person in the world, we know this, but still! He really enjoys the Theatre and Karate programs at school. His sisters really enjoy it when he comes over for the weekends!
Althea is in 5th grade. She is in Orchestra this year with her instrument of choice, the Cello. She is also one of the Safety Patrol and enjoys that responsibility. She is my greatest helper right now. I don't know what I'd do without her! She's a morning person and gets up by 6am each morning to start her day and help me with mine. (Those who know me best know what a blessing that is for me!!!)
Alexandra started Kindergarten this year. They grow up so fast! She really enjoys going to class and comes home singing a new song each day, it seems. It's wonderful as a parent to watch that spark of recognition grow to knowledge and build confidence!
Addison went into preschool (daycare) this year. She really enjoys it! She has a friend that makes sure to give her hugs each time she walks in the door. Addison's favorite thing in the world right now is her ability to use scissors. She enjoys cutting out her artwork, which she's quite a natural at, and re-assembling it using scotch tape to affix to the wall in her room. I'm thinking we might need to turn that wall into a corkboard!!!
And last of all, I'm hanging in there. We've had a rough month with school starting, Alexandra came down with shingles and Addison had croup. I've missed 6 days of work total this month... Most of which I've been able to make up working weekends. Not fun, but that's the way it goes. Busy times at work, too, as we're going through a software conversion. WOW!!!
Well, my mind is still going, and it's 2am. David is probably just now leaving work and will wonder why in the world I'm still awake when he gets home. I'm wondering the same thing! But what else can you do when sleep won't come... Write a blog? Why not!!!
Take care, all.
Katrina
4 comments:
The kids look so grown up...well, they are. I feel like I miss so much being so far away. Thank you for starting a blog. I love it!
Nice start! I appreciate the link to David's art, too.
looks good check mine out at www.mcnair.blogspot.com
i mean www.mcnairelm.blogspot.com
Post a Comment