Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Changes and Happenings

I know... it's been forever since I've had time to actually BLOG. Well, now I have time! And internet at home again as well.

We moved this past weekend to Lubbock. Prior to that move, I had advised my managers at work that this was pending (several months ago) just to give them a heads up and so they had plenty of time to train and transition my position. Then, on 27 Jun, STA Travel went through a re-structure where they laid off a lot of staff. So I got included in that 'lay-off'. Oh what fun! The good news is, well, I can collect un-employment if needed. The bad news, we moved to Lubbock and I don't have a job yet. STRESS! Its ok, deep breath... Gives me time to catch my breath a bit anyway.

I'm tired. I had 2 interviews yesterday, 1 of which already came back with a 'no'. And I had another interview a few weeks ago and they haven't decided yet, apparently. So I'm guessing 'no' on that one as well. Besides that, though... I'm going to probably take a hit in this move. Its not looking like pay will be even close to what I had at STA. I have a couple of recruiters on my side now, too, so we'll see how it goes.

David was able to transfer here. Thats really good news. He actually transfered a week before the move. David starts school, MFA program at Texas Tech on 18 Aug. It'll be fun to see how working and MFA and teacher's assistant all work to make up his weekly routine.

Addison starts Kindergarten this year, Alexandra will be in 1st grade and Althea starts Middle School... 6th grade. Oh boy.. I'm just not ready!!! Deep Breath... It's all good, right!?!?!?

1 comment:

Amber said...

Welcome to the world of a graduate student. Don't plan on seeing him too much :( they get pulled in so many directions!