I'm a lame blogger. I was never very good at writing in my journal, either. That's life I guess. Some things we can be good at, and others will just have to work a little harder at. Fortunately for me, blogging is not a requirement in life. Just a bonus.
This has been a busy, fun summer for the girls and David. David started off the summer in May taking a 'Tour of Texas & New Mexico', sorta. He took a grad class in professional development which went on a 2 week tour of of these 2 states visiting various galleries, artists and art collectors. It was a productive 2 weeks!
The month of June, Jacob came to visit. The girls always love seeing Jac! He's grown a lot (taller now than both me and David) and also enjoys all the attention from little girls. David took the kids camping in NM mountains just north of Santa Fe. He's found a campsite there that he likes a lot.
July was also very busy. David took a TTU class off-campus at their Junction, TX site. He was gone for 3 weeks. During that time, Althea went to visit her Memaw in Arlington and the little girls went to the Collins place in Clyde, TX. Althea and Memaw also got to travel to Buffalo NY to visit my sister Amber for a week. While there, Althea got to cross the border to Canada (on the last day) to see Niagra and left her phone for the Niagra Falls Police to find. Thank goodness they did! Amber was a wonderful host and kept them very busy seeing the sites of the Buffalo area. Althea really enjoyed her stay.

As for me, well I've been working. I'm grateful to have a job and that's the best I can say there right now. While everyone was away for 3 weeks in July, I cleaned house and re-decorated Althea's bedroom. The re-decorating was a lot of fun. The cleaning, well, that's everyday and normal, so not so fun! I missed having the family around A LOT! It's easier to clean a house with the help of 5 bodies.
Also, we've added 2 new members to our little family. In June, a kitten was found at work and he stole my heart and made me take him home. Alexandra and Addison then started arguing over the kitten, so David said, "find another kitten or this one has to go." Well, I couldn't let him go! He stole my heart! So, while everyone was gone in July, I found another kitten. Meet Tiger and Whiskers. Whiskers is the smaller kitten with white, Tiger the tabby.

I'll try to post more later!
1 comment:
yup, busy summer for sure! How's the first day of school?
We enjoyed having Althea here and loved the yummy brownies she made for us. The kids really loved her and Abygail still talks about her and wants her to come back.
How 'bout we make this an annual event??!!
Post a Comment